So, if you are facing black screen issues, don’t panic and read the following recommendations as we will try to solve this problem easily with Windows 10.
Now that Microsoft has noticed so many complaints, the company has decided to provide some instructions to solve the blank black screen you get when installing Windows 10.
So, with the help of the following steps, you will learn how to solve the black screen problem with Microsoft’s own solution.
Now follow the following steps and try to restore your Windows 10 system. See also our own tips if the method below does not work as expected.
How do I solve my problem with a black screen in Windows 10?
- Official method of Microsoft
- Upgrade your graphics drivers
- Disable your antivirus software
- You need a Windows boot disk.
- Insert the DVD and restart the phone.
- If you want to change the boot order, just press the F9 key on your keyboard.
- Note that to boot from a CD/DVD, you have to press any key – just do it.
- The installation sequence will now begin; wait until all Windows files are loaded.
- The standard Microsoft installation windows will appear.
- Now click Next.
- Then press the Troubleshooting option in the lower left corner of the Windows Installer screen.
- In the next window, select Update Troubleshooting or Reset PC, or use Advanced Tools and then go to Advanced Options.
- During the installation process, open a command line window by selecting the Command Line option.
- In the command prompt window that appears, type C: and press Enter.
- Then type the following command and press Enter: bootrec /fixmbr
- Note that the device displays a message indicating that the operation was successful.
- Type the command Exit and press Enter.
- Throw away the Windows 10 installation DVD and select Shut down your computer.
- Wait for your device to shut down, restart it, and that’s it.
- Here’s how to fix Windows black screen.
- Press the Windows key + S and go to Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, expand Display Adapters.
- Select a GPU from the list.
- Right click and select Update Driver.
- Follow the instructions and install the driver.
This problem is mainly due to driver compatibility issues. If the above steps do not work for you, you can also try installing the latest graphics drivers in safe mode.
You can also install drivers for the GPU by checking the GPU model on the manufacturer’s website and downloading the drivers from there.
Updating your GPU manually can be tedious because you have to search for the right driver, and the device manager is not the most reliable driver update tool available.
If you want to know more about updating drivers with Device Manager, we have a useful article for you.
Use a third-party driver update program
frequently asked questions
How do I fix the black screen in Windows 10?
If your Windows 10 PC reboots with a black screen, simply press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard. The usual Windows 10 Ctrl+Alt+Del screen appears. Press the power button in the lower right corner of the screen and select Restart to restart the computer.
How can I restore my computer if the screen is black?
To recover the black screen 1 : Check your cables Most monitors have two main cables plus (possibly) a few additional cables for audio. Check both ends of any cables not connected to the monitor to make sure they are properly connected. This will solve many black screen problems.
What causes the black screen in Windows 10?
On Windows 10 systems, a black screen can be caused by an incomplete Windows update. … In short: Windows 10 freezes with a black screen. To solve this problem, simply hold down the power button on the PC or laptop to turn off the computer. The system should start well at cold start.
Feedback,windows 10 black screen of death,windows 10 black screen on boot,windows 10 black screen before login,windows 10 black screen after login,windows 10 black screen with cursor,windows update black screen 2020,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 10 black screen with cursor before login,windows black screen after login