Is a smart house worth it? Living in a spacious home with many technologies that can be used with a few mouse clicks seemed like a dream a few decades ago. Now anyone can turn their house into a Smart House.
Today, home automation is no longer the privilege of rich people. Most people in the world have already intelligently designed their homes. Is it worth it?
What do smart homes do?
Smart Homes allow their owners to remotely control all smart devices inside and outside via a centralized gadget connected to the Internet. In addition to convenience, this technology also offers the possibility to save on the electricity bill, brings maximum comfort and safety and allows better management of the house.
How can I fully automate my home?
There are many home automation systems that allow you to make the whole house smarter, from the client’s office that automatically adjusts to the thermostat that adjusts itself according to the desired schedule.
One of the best smart home systems:
- Samsung SmartThings (3rd generation) ;
- Amazon Echo Plus (4th generation) ;
- Logitech Harmony Hub;
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd generation) ;
- Google Litter Mini ;
- Broadlink RM4 Pro ;
- Hubitat elevation;
- Wink no. 2
- Compatibility. Make sure all your smart devices are compatible with the hub.
- Mobile application. It should be user-friendly and contain positive feedback from other customers on the hub.
- Installation. Get to know the manuals and teaching materials of the selected centre.
Once you have chosen the system, you will need to hire a professional to install it.
Can intelligence be hacked?
Any device connected to the Internet can be hacked due to defects in the security and communication protocols used.
So if you’re gonna make a smart guy out of your house, you need to take this into account.
The pirated smart home appliances include
- The kids are watching;
- Computers/laptops ;
- Garage door opener ;
- Personal domestic help ;
- Refrigerators ;
- WiFi router ;
- Security cameras;
- Smart lights;
- Smart door locks (August Smart Lock Pro, Google Litter x Yale Lock) ;
- Smart printers, scanners, copiers;
- Intelligent irrigation systems ;
- Smart switches;
- Intelligent thermostats ;
- Smart televisions and speakers;
- Wireless doorbells (Google Litter Hello, Bell 2, EUFY videophone).
Useful tips to protect your smart home from pirates
- Let’s think of a professional installation;
- Create a secure Wi-Fi network ;
- Enable two-factor authentication;
- Keep the firmware up to date;
- Change passwords regularly;
- Delete all data before selling, giving away or disposing of items that you no longer need;
- Investigate each device for its vulnerability to hacker attacks before you buy it;
- Replacement of obsolete routers ;
- Set passwords that are difficult to guess, including numbers and letters;
- When you update the software, you do not allow access to unnecessary data.
Protecting your dream home is therefore a serious step that requires extensive training, as the range of intelligent products on the market is constantly being expanded. Help the environment and take full advantage of wireless technology.
how to automate your home with alexa,how to automate your home with google,the automated home,what can home automation control,professional smart home systems,how to automate your home with raspberry pi,design your own house online free,roomstyler 3d home planner,planner 5d pricing,planner 5d projects,planner 5d import floor plan,planner 5d mod apk,building a smart home from the ground up,smart home ideas for new construction,icontrol networks piper,planning smart home,understanding smart home devices,how to build a control4 system,planner 5d,design your dream house,home automation ideas 2020,design your own house online free game,design your dream house game,automate home,how to automate your home