Google Duo is Google’s new app for video calls on your phone. It has been restricted to only work with devices running Android 6 or above, which means that even though you might have an old device, it can’t still be compatible with the app. If this happens to you, there are some simple steps you can take in order to continue using duo without problems.,
In order to fix this issue, users can simply download the app from Google Play. Read more in detail here: google duo not working on android tv.
VoIP, video calling, and conferencing applications have gained a considerably larger part of the app market as a result of the present conditions and this unpleasant epidemic. Zoom has had a lot of success, and Google has worked hard to make Google Duo competitive. Which they did, and video calling on this app is, in my opinion, second to none. At least, when the app is functional. Some users have reported that Google Duo is not functioning on Android due to their lack of success.
We spent some time researching the issue and have come up with six troubleshooting steps/suggestions that you may attempt to solve it. Take a look at them below.
Contents: Table of Contents
- Examine the network
- Examine Google Duo’s permissions.
- Clear Google Duo’s local data
- Install the app again.
- Duo may be downgraded to an earlier version.
- Duo for Web is a good option.
What’s the deal with my Duo not working?
1. Examine the network
The first thing you should do is make sure your Wi-Fi or mobile network connection is steady. It goes without saying that Google Duo will not function if you do not have internet connection. If your internet connection is sluggish, you may use the Data Saving option to enhance video conversations. However, the app uses artificial intelligence to adjust video and sound quality depending on your connection speed.
Check the following step if you don’t have any apparent connection problems but Google Duo is still not functioning on your Android. If, on the other hand, you’ve had connectivity problems with other applications as well, read this article to discover how to fix them.
To utilize Google Duo, you’ll need a SIM card and a phone number, as well as a Google Account. There are other options that don’t have these restrictions, so if giving your account or phone number is something you’d rather avoid, you may want to explore elsewhere.
2. Examine the permissions for Google Duo.
Now, let’s go on. Let’s have a look at the Google Duo permissions and make sure that all of the required rights have been given. Additionally, if you utilize Mobile Data for video and audio conversations on Duo, verify sure the app supports cellular data use.
This is what you must do:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Apps.
- All applications should be expanded. You’ll need to launch Manage applications or App Manager on certain Android skins.
- From the list of all accessible applications, find and launch Duo.
- Permissions should be tapped.
- To Google Duo, grant full rights.
- Return to the previous screen and choose Mobile Data or Data Usage.
- Allow the “Allow background data use” option to be enabled.
3. Delete Google Duo’s local data
If Google Duo isn’t responding or crashing, the next step is to reset the program by deleting the local data. Despite the fact that Google Duo doesn’t save a lot of data locally, it’s still a good idea to wipe it out once in a while. The priority is not to free up any storage space, but to prevent data corruption. This is more likely to occur following a series of app upgrades, therefore deleting the data is recommended once again.
Here’s how to clear Google Duo’s local data on Android:
- Open Settings once again and go to Apps > All apps > Duo.
- Open Storage from there.
- Restart your smartphone by tapping Clear data.
- Sign in to Google Duo using your credentials.
If this doesn’t work, try reinstalling Google Duo on your Android device.
4. Reinstall the application.
Because the preceding step typically solves the majority of issues, uninstalling the program from the system is seldom required. If you still can’t use the app, we recommend a fresh install. Google Duo is now a pre-installed system software on certain Android skins, so you won’t be able to fully uninstall it.
Of course, you can deactivate it, but isn’t that not what we’re after? You may restore the system to its original state by uninstalling Duo updates (the one that came when you run the current system version for the first time). If Google Duo is simply a third-party software you downloaded from the Play Store, this shouldn’t be an issue.
On your Android smartphone, follow these steps to reinstall Google Duo or uninstall its updates:
- Look for Duo on the Play Store.
- Tap Uninstall once you’ve used the program.
- Restart the phone.
- Return to the Play Store to download or upgrade Google Duo.
5. Revert to a previous version of Duo.
Downgrading (rollbacking) the software to an earlier version is a common troubleshooting procedure that we suggest. On occasion, the most current version available on the Store may not function as intended or performs poorly on some devices. Unfortunately, there is no official method to downgrade applications on Android, so you’ll have to rely on APKs and third-party sources.
Here, we’ve covered all you need to know about the process. Make sure to read it and learn about the benefits and drawbacks of APKs.
Meanwhile, here’s how to install an earlier version of Duo on your Android device:
- As previously said, uninstall Google Duo or delete its updates.
- Go to APK Mirror and download a previous version of Google Duo. Don’t go full-time travel mode; instead, buy a 2019 iteration. That’s out of date. Recent releases should suffice, with the exception of the most recent. That is already available on the Google Play Store.
- Now launch the APK and accept installation from unknown sources when asked.
- Launch Google Duo, sign in, and assess the results.
6. Take a look at Duo for Web.
Finally, if none of the preceding procedures were successful, please submit a report to Google Support by clicking here. On the interim, you may use Google Duo in your browser to check it out. Just make sure that the On the Desktop site option in Settings is toggled on. Simply choose the Desktop site option from the 3-dot menu in Google Chrome. Go to Google Duo and test it out on the web.
That ought to enough. Thank you for reading, and please let us know if these steps (or any more that we missed) helped you solve the issue. You may do so right here in the comments area.
“Google Duo not working on Android” is a common issue that many people have been experiencing. There are a few fixes to fix the issue, but one of them is to simply change your settings in Google Duo. Reference: google duo speakerphone not working.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my Google duo not working?
A: If you are having issues with your Google duo calling, please make sure that the microphone is on.
How do I fix Google duos not working?
A: You can remove your Google account on that device, then sign back in.
How do I get Google duo to work?
A: You can find instructions on our website.
- google duo not connecting to internet
- google duo not ringing android
- google duo microphone not working
- google duo call not connecting
- google duo is not working on my iphone