If you are having trouble connecting to your Plex server outside of a local network, it could be due to the “not available outside your network.” error message. Fortunately this is an easy fix that can help you get connected again in no time with these three steps
The “plex remote access not working 2022” is a problem that has been present for a while. Plex has released a fix to fix the issue.
Plex, as a digital media player, has revolutionized how people enjoy information from computers without having to manually transfer data.
While technology has changed the way people consume media, you are sure to face certain difficulties. The error “Plex remote access not accessible outside your network” is one of these issues.
Why does this error happen?
The following are the most common causes of the “Plex remote access not functioning” error:
- You’re using an old version of Plex.
- Unreliable internet access
- Advanced firewalls are preventing communications between the server and the Plex.
- Incompatibility between UPnP and NAT
How to resolve the issue “Plex remote access is not accessible outside your network”
Fortunately, the following remedies will help you address the issue.
Solution #1: Make sure your Plex application is up to date.
Most issues are fixed by updating your Plex program, notably the “Plex not accessible outside your network” message.
In most circumstances, the online application is self-updating. On other platforms, however, you must update the program remotely.
To upgrade the Plex application, follow these steps:
- Plex’s official website has the most recent media server available for download.
- Install the program you just downloaded.
- Restart your computer.
Try launching the new app after restarting your computer. The old software version is immediately uninstalled throughout this procedure.
Restart your media player as a second option.
If Plex remote access stops functioning after an update, your device must be reset. This is due to the fact that it is a large media application.
When a minor problem occurs, you may see an error message suggesting that you are unable to connect to the Plex outside network.
To reset your computer, follow these steps:
- Turn off your computer.
- Remove it from the power supply.
- Your internet cable should be disconnected (if there is one)
- Allow 30-40 seconds to pass.
- Plug in the power cord and reconnect the computer to the power source.
You may also try resetting the server computer. To restart the server, follow these steps:
- Turn it off.
- All cords, including the power cable, should be disconnected.
- Allow 30 seconds to pass.
- Reconnect it.
Solution #3: Make sure your internet connection is working properly.
You’re more likely to encounter a “Plex server not accessible outside your network” problem if your internet connection is sluggish.
Because a sluggish connection impacts the requesting machine and creates buffering, you should make sure that the connection is steady and fast.
If you can’t access Plex outside of your network, try the following:
- By entering fast.com into your browser, you may check the internet speed and stability.
- Consider upgrading your connection if it is less than 3.5 Mbps. (If you want to save time, proceed with option #4.)
- By turning off your router, you may restart it.
- Wait 40 seconds before plugging in the power cord.
Try these procedures if you’re receiving a “not enough bandwidth” issue.
Solution #4: Manually forward the port
Plex port forwarding is usually done automatically. If the previous three alternatives failed to resolve the access issue, you need manually configure Plex port forwarding. Also, make sure you’ve saved all of the settings for future use.
To accomplish a manual port forwarding, follow these steps:
- Connect to your router and log in.
- Scroll down to the section “Port Forwarding.”
- Make entries for forward ports.
- As a test, try executing the ports.
Use the stored settings if the Plex server port forwarding did not work manually (as opposed to generating new entries).
Plex remote access errors may arise for a variety of reasons. You may, however, quickly correct the problem. It’s worth noting that while using Plex, the golden rule is to make sure you’re running the most recent version and that your internet connection is steady.
The “plex remote access works for a second” is an error that many people have been having. This error can be fixed by going to settings and changing the setting from “not available outside your network.”
- plex remote access keeps dropping
- plex remote access without port forwarding
- plex port forwarding
- plex media server
- plex remote access security