The Windows 10 21H1 update is a major update to the Windows 10 series of operating systems and it comes with a lot of new features. However, the update has some weird bugs that make it seem as if Windows 10 is just not working right. In this post, we are going to share a few tips and tricks that will help you fix the application was unable to start correctly Windows 10 21H1 update.
On my laptop I’ve got the latest Windows 10 update, this is version 21H1. Since I got the update, my computer has been slowing down and crashing much more often. I think this is because of the update or maybe even the hardware can’t handle it. My system specs are: i5-1035G, 4GB ram, nVidia 1050. I’ve tried all the solutions I found online but nothing seems to work.
I installed the Windows 10 April 2018 Update this morning and everything went fine and I was able to login on my desktop and laptop, but when I tried to install the Creators Update on my Surface Book, I got a “The application was unable to start correctly” error. After a lot of googling, I found that the problem might be caused by Windows Defender, and disabling it will fix the error.. Read more about windows 10 20h2 will not update and let us know what you think.
The date on which this page was last modified was August 18, 2021. -dev D (author) Tagged With: Windows
If you receive an error notice that says “application was unable to start properly 0xc000007b” when you try to launch a program, game, or any other software. This article will be beneficial to you. This problem usually happens when you update from a previous version of Windows and specific files or applications fail. Third-party antivirus systems are once again creating problems with executable files and affecting their operations, which may lead to this issue. Here are 5 alternative methods that you may use to solve the Application Was Unable To Start Correctly Windows 10 problem.
The program failed to start properly.
- Restarting Windows is the first thing to attempt. Sounds too good to be true, but it may occasionally work if the problem is caused by a transient malfunction.
- This issue may potentially be caused by a conflict with security software. We suggest temporarily disabling antivirus protection and running the program.
- Run the program as administrator after a clean Windows 10 boot. This will assist if the problem is caused by a third-party program conflict.
- In many cases, Windows 10 automatically update, but to check open settings, click Update & security and check for updates. And check if this helps to fix the error.
Run the program while it is being checked for compatibility.
You may have various difficulties when running programs due to incompatibility issues, such as the application closing automatically, displaying various warnings, and not responding at launch. This problem may be resolved by running the program as an administrator in compatibility mode.
- Right-click the program you wish to launch and choose Open With. After that, go to Properties.
- Select the Compatibility option from the drop-down menu. Check As an administrator, run this application. Then press OK.
- Run your program to check whether this approach resolves the issue.
Remove and reinstall the affected program.
If you’re having problems, The program failed to start properly. 0xc000007b Reinstalling the program will refresh and solve the problem if the error is caused by a single application (for example, VLC media player). Because, during the update, It’s possible that the program you’re trying to launch has been corrupted. In this situation, you need fully remove your program before reinstalling it. Run the software again to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Repair System Files That Have Been Corrupted
Corrupted system files, as previously stated, create a variety of issues on Windows systems, including application Error 0xc000007b. To detect and repair damaged system files, we highly advise using the Windows SFC tool.
- To begin, log in as an administrator to the command prompt.
- Then type the command SFC /SCANNOW and press the enter key to run it.
- This will begin the search for corrupted or damaged system files in Windows.
- If anything is discovered, the SFC program replaces corrupted files with a cached copy stored in the WinDir% System32dllcache folder.
- Wait till the percentage is 100 percent. Complete the scanning procedure, then restart Windows and verify that all programs are working properly and without problems.
Microsoft.NET Framework should be reinstalled.
If all of the following approaches fail to resolve the issue, reinstalling the Microsoft.NET Framework should resolve the issue. (The.NET Framework is a Microsoft framework that enables applications built with.NET technologies.)
With Windows 10 net framework installed by default, It cannot be removed or modified in any way. To install updates, press Windows key + I, select Update & Security and click Check for Updates. Once the list of available updates is prepared, click the Install Updates button. Also, Check How to install .net framework 3.5 on windows 10.
If you get the 0xc000007b issue on Windows 7, try manually reinstalling the.NET framework:
- Select Programs and Features from the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall/Change from the Microsoft.NET items.
- To fully remove the items, follow the on-screen directions.
- Finally, go to the Microsoft.NET Framework download page and manually install the framework.
To download and install the framework, go to the Microsoft.NET Framework download page.
Redistributable Packages for Microsoft Visual C++
The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is a runtime component that allows several programs to execute simultaneously. Many factors may cause the files in the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package to become corrupt. This may result in the 0xc00007b error. These components must be reinstalled in this instance.
- Control Panel may be accessed by right-clicking on the Windows key and selecting it.
- Remove all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable entries from the Programs and Features area.
- Then go to the Microsoft website and manually install Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
Make changes to the Windows registry
If none of the previous approaches worked, modify the Windows registry by following the instructions below to repair the problem program was unable to start properly 0xc00007b.
- Press the Windows + R keyboard combination, type regedit, and then click OK.
- The Windows registry editor will open as a result of this.
- Before making any changes, we suggest creating a backup of the registry database.
- When you’re ready, go to the following address:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > WindowsNT > CurrentVersion > Windows
- Set a blank value for “AppInst DLLs” by double-clicking it.
- Restart the computer after closing the registry editor.
- Check that the program is functioning properly without any problems when you restart it.
USE THE chkdsk command.
Bad sectors on a hard disk drive may sometimes cause various problems and prevent programs from running. The CHKDSK program, when run with certain additional arguments, will scan the hard disk drive for errors and automatically repair them.
- As an administrator, open the Command Prompt.
- Enter “chkdsk c: /f /r” at the command prompt.
- When prompted for a schedule to execute the chkdsk tool on the next start and restart of Windows, choose Y.
- Before proceeding to the login screen, it will do a check.
- This method may also be used to examine partitions or other disks.
- Restart the program and see if the problem persists.
Did these methods assist you in resolving the issue with Windows 10’s Application Was Unable to Start Correctly? Please let us know in the comments section below, and don’t forget to read:
Recently, I’ve been working on a new printer. It’s a fairly standard Brother model, and I had to run a Windows update to get it to operate correctly. After it installed, I did a few test prints. Everything looked fine, but I couldn’t get any of the drivers to install.. Read more about windows 10 21h1 offline update and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why cant I update to windows 10 21H1?
Microsoft has not released the Windows 10 update yet.
Why cant I update to Windows 21H1?
Windows 10 is not compatible with the latest version of Windows, so you will need to upgrade your operating system.
How do I fix application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142?
This is a Windows error code that means the application has failed to start correctly. You can try running the application in safe mode and see if it works then.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- windows 10 20h2 will not update
- optional quality update windows 10 21h1
- feature update to windows 10 version 1909 error 0x80070008
- feature update to windows 10 version 2004 keeps downloading and installing
- windows 10 21h1 offline update