You have a question: Will Apple AirPods work with Windows 10 computers? The answer is yes, Apple’s AirPods are not limited to use with Apple hardware, they can also be used on Windows 10 PCs with Bluetooth. In this article, you will learn how to pair and connect AirPods to Windows 10 and how to troubleshoot when AirPods do not connect to your PC, when AirPods are paired but not connected, or when AirPods keep disconnecting and reconnecting to your Windows 10 laptop.
If you are trying to connect your device to Windows 10 via Bluetooth and your devices are paired but not connected, you are not the only one. Many Windows users have reported this problem. But the good news is that you can do something about it with this guide. Read on to find out how.
Why AirPods are paired but not connected
- Your AirPods may be paired but not connected if your device’s operating system/software is out of date. In addition, the cause of the above error may be an incorrect configuration of the Bluetooth adapter or your PC.
- Many users tend to configure their PCs for a better display, which can affect certain aspects of the system, including the Bluetooth connection, and cause the above error. In this case, the problem can be solved by tuning your computer for the best performance.
- The Swift Pair feature has been added to Windows 10 to allow users to quickly connect Bluetooth devices to their system. However, this feature is known to interfere with AirPods and cause the current bug. In this regard, disabling the Swift Pair feature may solve the problem.
- When Swift Pair is enabled, your PC does not shut down completely, but enters a mixed state between hibernation and shutdown. This function ensures that the system starts up quickly after power-on. However, this option may interrupt certain network operations (including Bluetooth) and cause issues with AirPods.
Troubleshooting AirPods that are paired but not connecting.
April 2021 Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also repairs common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software, you can fix computer problems quickly and prevent others from getting them:
- Step 1: Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing PC problems.
- Step Three: Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
Action centre Entry
- Click on the Action Center icon in the lower right corner.
- Click on Connect.
- Now click on your paired device in the list.
Connection via parameters
The simplest solution to this problem is to manually connect the Bluetooth device. To do this, follow these simple steps
- Press Windows+I to open the settings. Now click on Devices.
- Now click Bluetooth and other devices and scroll down to Audio to find the audio device you want to connect.
- Tap the Bluetooth device, then tap Connect to connect the Bluetooth audio device to your Windows 10 device.
The device should now be connected to the computer. If you still cannot connect the device to your computer, use the following solution.
Reset Bluetooth from settings
If you can’t connect your Bluetooth device to your Windows 10 device, try turning Bluetooth off and on in Settings.
- Press Windows+I to open the settings.
- Now click on Device Settings.
- Now click on Bluetooth and other devices and in the right hand pane you should see a power button under the Bluetooth option.
- Press it to turn it off. Wait a minute, wait a minute.
- Now click on it again to activate it. Let’s see if it works.
Restarting Bluetooth services
You can restart the Bluetooth services in Services. Restarting Bluetooth services may solve your problem.
- To do this, press the Windows+R keys on your keyboard.
- Then enter the services. Then click on OK.
- In the Services window, scroll down the list until you find Bluetooth Support Services and right-click it, then click Restart.
- Now double-click on Bluetooth support.
- Now in the Bluetooth Support Service Properties window, click Startup Type:. and then click Automatic.
- Then click Apply and OK to save your changes. Close the Service window.
- Now restart the computer. After restarting, you can connect the Bluetooth device with your computer.
Bluetooth driver update
You may not be able to connect the Bluetooth driver to your computer because an older/incompatible version of the Bluetooth driver is installed on your computer.
- Press the Windows key to open the search window. Now enter devmgmt.
- Now click on the Device Manager that appears in the search box.
- In the Device Manager window, click on the Bluetooth button to expand it.
- Now select the driver you are using from the drop-down lists.
- Right-click on it and click Update Driver.
- In the next step, click the Automatically check for updated drivers button.
- All you have to do is wait. Restart the computer.
- Check whether the problem exists or not.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
Feedback,how to reset airpodsairpods won’t go into pairing modehow to reset airpods proone airpod not workingairpods won’t flash whiteairpods not resetting,People also search for,how to reset airpods,airpods won’t go into pairing mode,how to reset airpods pro,one airpod not working,airpods won’t flash white,airpods not resetting,airpods not working,airpods won’t reset or connect