RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Elder Scrolls Online, an online multiplayer role-playing game (MMORPG) from ZeniMax Online and Bethesda Softworks studios, has sold more than 15 million copies by 2020 and has approximately 2.5 million active players per month. The game was originally released for Microsoft Windows and OS X in 2014, followed by a release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2015. The game is set on the continent of Tamriel and follows the history of the popular franchise. It has received exceptionally positive reviews and won prestigious awards, including Best Video Game at the 30th GLAAD Media Awards and a nomination for Still Playing at the 2019 Golden Joystick Awards.
Bugs in games are so common these days that there is no game without them. Either bugs creep in, or you encounter serious software bugs. Players of Old Scrolls Online regularly report one such bug, bug 1005. From time to time they encounter this problem when trying to play the game, and restarting and reconnecting has helped them a lot. So we decided to create a step-by-step guide that will surely help you to solve bug 1005. If you are one of the players facing this situation, you have come to the right place. So let’s start with our guide.
Make sure the automatic script and proxy settings are disabled.
If your ESO launcher keeps hanging, make sure that the automatic configuration script and the proxy server are disabled in your Internet settings. These settings can be set as follows:
- Open the control panel.
- Select the Internet options.
- Tap Connections at the top of the screen.
- Select LAN settings.
- Make sure the automatic configuration script and proxy server are disabled (not enabled).
- Restart the ESO launcher after applying the settings.
Run ESO Launcher as administrator
Updated January 2021:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this software, you can solve and prevent computer problems quickly:
- Stap 1: Download de PC Recovery and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Click on the “Start Scan” button to find Windows registry issues that can cause PC problems.
- Step 3: Click on the “Fix All” button to fix all the problems.
As indicated in the ESO error message, the problem may be in the startup permissions. Each set requires administrator privileges to run the system properly without interruptions or UAC restrictions. In this case, the problem can be solved by opening the ESO launcher with administrator privileges.
- Right-click the launcher icon on the system desktop (or where the launcher is installed).
- Then select “Run as administrator” from the context menu and verify that the game is running properly.
Starting Windows in selective boot mode
You can also try booting the computer in selective boot mode:
- Click Start and type “msconfig” in the search box.
- Right-click msconfig.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Click the “Custom Startup” button at the top of the “General” tab. Disable
the load startup elements.
- Click the Services tab and select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
- Click the Disconnect button at the bottom.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Restart the computer.
When the computer reboots, it goes into selective boot mode. Try again and see if there are any other results. If everything works fine, the problem is caused by one of the utilities or a program running. To fix the program causing the problem, restart several programs at once and try running the game again.
Restore the game
There are many factors that can lead to corruption of game files. This is usually due to an incomplete game update. If the game files are corrupted, you will not be able to start and play the game without getting multiple errors. In this case, restoring the game files can solve the problem.
- Reboot the system.
- Open the ESO launcher as administrator. If you are using multiple ESO clients, make sure you select the correct client by clicking on it.
- Wait until the launcher is fully charged.
- Then open the “Game Options” drop-down list and click the “Restore” button.
- When prompted, ask the program to scan all files in the game.
- This may take some time, so wait until the repair process is complete.
- Then close the launcher and restart the system.
- After restarting, open the launcher/game with administrator privileges and check if the error is fixed.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
eso game, eso online, eso greymoor