WhatsApp Web is a great way to extend the messaging platform to your desktop. The web client is easy to set up and use, has the same visual interface as the mobile version of the application, and messages are instantly synced between your phone and the web. Learn how to configure and use WhatsApp Web here.
Activating and using WhatsApp for the web
To use WhatsApp online, you must connect the web client to your phone. To do this, go to web.whatsapp.com on your computer. On the page, you will see a QR code that you must scan with your phone to link your account to the web version. This is what you need to do on your phone:
- Open WhatsApp in the application bar or on the home screen.
- Tap the action overflow menu (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner.
- Go to the website of WhatsApp.
- Point your phone at the QR code on web.whatsapp.com.
That’s all there is to it. Your account is now linked to the web client and you can use WhatsApp directly from your browser. WhatsApp Web lets you share documents, photos, videos and contacts and even use your camera to take and share photos. You can also view your friends’ history, start new discussions, edit your profile picture and use the discussion search feature.
Most of the features you use every day on your phone in WhatsApp are available here, making WhatsApp Web especially convenient. If you don’t want to run WhatsApp in the browser, you can download the Windows client and run it on your computer.
How to install WhatsApp on your computer
Instead of logging in through a browser, WhatsApp now offers a desktop client for PC or Mac, which can be downloaded here.
Learn how to install WhatsApp web on your computer here:
- Install the desktop application of WhatsApp available here for PC or Mac.
- Click on the green download button to install the WhatsApp application on your computer.
- Then find this file in the download folder and double-click it to install it.
- On Windows computers, follow the installation instructions; on Mac computers, simply drag the WhatsApp icon into your Apps folder.
- Launch the desktop application WhatsApp and the process is the same as above.
- The application allows you to stay connected to WhatsApp until you log out.
- Note: You can install Whatsapp on your computer only if your operating system is Windows 8 (or higher) or Mac OSX 10.9 (or higher).
Also read: How do I reset Windows 10 to factory settings?
The article Activating and using WhatsApp for the web was first published on .
Frequently asked questions
How do I activate WhatsApp Web?
How do I use WhatsApp Web without my phone?
Today we will show you how to open WhatsApp on your laptop and even use it without a smartphone. First, open your laptop’s browser and go to WhatsApp Web. Now open the WhatsApp application on your phone and press the overflow button (three dots) in the top right corner. Now click on “WhatsApp Web” and then click on the “Ok” button.
How do I keep WhatsApp Web running?
How to sign up for WhatsApp – Quora
Feedback,how does whatsapp web work,to use whatsapp web,whatsapp web download,wechat web,telegram web,google meet,whatsapp login with phone number,whatsapp web scan code,how do i logout of whatsapp on my phone,why whatsapp web not connecting,can i use whatsapp on my computer,cara download whatsapp di laptop,how much does whatsapp cost,why is whatsapp free,how to use whatsapp,how to use whatsapp web in mobile,how to connect whatsapp to laptop,how to open whatsapp,whatsapp on tab s6,how to use whatsapp on laptop without phone,how to use whatsapp in laptop – windows 10,how to use whatsapp on pc without phone,whatsapp for pc review,bt whatsapp,how to use whatsapp video call on computer,can i read my whatsapp messages on my laptop,zapptales,web.whatsapp.com download,bluestacks,whatsapp web on tablet not working,techradar how to use whatsapp,how to set up and use whatsapp,how to use whatsapp on laptop with phone,tablet messenger for whatsapp,whatsappweb tablet,whatsapp on a computer,can you use whatsapp video on a computer,can you use whatsapp on a chromebook,why does whatsapp require a phone number,how to use whatsapp on computer without phone,which country permanently banned whatsapp,Privacy settings,How Search works,whatsapp web scan,whats app web,whatsapp web qr code,web whatsapp,how to use whatsapp web,web.whatsapp. con,whatsapp login