How do I activate DirectX 12?
1. Enable DirectX 12 on Windows 7 by updating your GPU driver
Some selected Windows 7 games, such as. B. World of Warcraft, supports DirectX 12. You can enable DX12 for some Windows 7 games by making sure your NVIDIA or AMD graphics processor has the latest driver.
Some users may also need to update their GPU drivers to enable DX12 Ultimate on Windows 10. To make sure your graphics card driver is up to date, run the driver update utility.
Your GPU and CPU are extremely important when it comes to gaming, or when you’re running any other application that puts your PC’s hardware to the test.
To make sure your computer is ready for any new game or heavy workload, you can use the automatic driver wizard, which keeps driver versions up to date.
In addition, special software is available to easily start the installation of the driver. One such program is the powerful and versatile DriverFix.
Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the program.
- Wait until the newly installed application has detected all defective drivers on your PC.
- A list of all drivers with problems is shown and you can select the drivers you want to fix.
- Wait until the download process is complete and the driver is connected.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Don’t let a bad driver affect your games and installed software. Use DriverFix today and get them up and running without a hitch.
Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Windows 10 Update
- Press the Windows and I keys on the keyboard simultaneously to access the settings.
- Under Settings, select Update & Security to open the Windows Update pane.
- Click Check for updates to see if any updates are available. If so, install the patch updates.
- If you are not using the latest version of Windows 10, select the Download and install available features update option.
There is a DirectX End-User Runtime web installer that only reinstalls DX9, 10 and 11.
Updating Windows 10 is the closest thing to reinstalling and activating DirectX 12 if it doesn’t seem to be working properly. It allows you to recover missing DirectX 12 files on your PC.
After updating the graphics card driver and Windows 10, your PC will have the latest version of DirectX 12.
However, you may need to configure some games to use Direct12 through their graphics settings. Below are two examples of DX12 inclusions for Fortnite and Battlefront 2.
Enable DirectX 12 for Fortnite
- First, start the Fortnite game.
- Click the Menu button in the upper right corner of the Fortnite title window.
- Press the Settings button to open the game options.
- In the Video tab, scroll down to the DirectX version.
- Click the DirectX Version arrow to select DirectX 12 (Beta).
- Click on the Confirm button.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Then restart Fortnite to allow the DX12 changes to take effect.
As you can see, enabling DirectX 12 in Fortnite is very easy if you follow the instructions above.
DirectX 12 enabled for Battlefront 2
- Start playing Battlefront 2.
- Open the home screen in Battlefront 2.
- Choose Options to open a selection tab for different categories of settings.
- Click on the Video tab.
- Then check the Enable DirectX 12 option if it is disabled.
- To apply the new settings, you will need to restart Battlefront 2.
This is the only way to turn on DirectX 12 in Battlefront 2, so don’t hesitate to try it.
So you can count on DirectX 12 being fully enabled in Windows 10, Fortnite and Battlefront 2. You must check the advanced graphics settings in the DX12 options to enable DirectX 12 in other games.
frequently asked questions
Can Windows 7 have DirectX 12?
DirectX 12 works on Windows 7, but not always. Originally, Microsoft only supported the latest graphics API in Windows 10 and Windows 8. But the company upgraded it to Windows 7 earlier this year. This allows developers to take advantage of the technology even on older operating systems.
How do I install DirectX 12 on Windows 7?
It can only be installed if you download the WoW patch, which contains the DX12 libraries for Windows 7. Microsoft says it is willing to support games based on requests from developers, game by game. Personally, I’m hoping for a DX12 Win7 port of Singularity Ashes.
How can I upgrade to DirectX 12?
Just open a game that requires or supports DirectX12, then go to the game’s graphics/display settings and change the DirectX version to DirectX12.
how to enable directx 12 fortnite,how to enable directx 12 windows 7,directx 12 download,directx 12 offline installer 2020,directx download,directx 12 update,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to get directx 12 on windows 7,how to enable directx 12 ultimate