DriverFix’s built-in library ensures that all downloaded and installed drivers are the latest available version.
In addition, DriverFix has other useful features, such as a download manager and disk backup.
Quickly update your drivers and solve all Wi-Fi related problems with this powerful and reliable tool. Now!
Manually updating drivers is risky! Choose a safer way and install one of these driver update tools!
2. Set the wireless adapter to maximum power.
By default, WLAN adapters are set to work in Windows 10’s medium power-saving mode, which can sometimes cause problems with the WLAN range.
– To solve this problem, it is recommended that you change the power setting of the Wi-Fi adapter to maximum power. Follow these simple steps:
- Press the Windows + S keys and enter the power options.
- Select Power Options from the menu.
- When the Energy Settings window opens, locate the current plan and click Change Plan Settings.
- Press the Change advanced power settings button.
- Locate the wireless adapter settings and set the power save mode to maximum power.
- Click Apply and OK to save your changes.
You can also simply switch to the high performance mode under Power Options and the energy saving mode is automatically set to maximum performance.
Note that the battery discharges faster when using high power mode.
3. Check if your wireless card is working properly
Sometimes there may be Wi-Fi range issues if the wireless adapter has hardware problems.
Users have reported that loose cables can sometimes cause these problems, and if this is the case, you should replace your Wi-Fi card with a new one.
4. Change in sensitivity value
Some users claim that changing the sensitivity can solve Wi-Fi range issues in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to change the sensitivity value.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the list.
- Once the Device Manager is open, locate the Wi-Fi adapter, right-click the adapter and select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab and search for the level of roaming sensitivity, roaming aggressiveness, or high or aggressive roaming propensity. Data
- Set the highest transmitting power or the highest transmitting power.
- Select Antenna Diversity and set it to Auto.
- In the band preferences, select 802.11a Preference if your wireless network uses the 5 GHz frequency, or set 802.11g/b Preference if your wireless network uses the 2.4 GHz frequency.
- Save the changes and restart the device.
5. Disable Bluetooth
Run a scan of the PC with the Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and delays. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files will be replaced with new Windows files and components.
Disclaimer : You’ll have to switch to a paid plan to help.
Some users claim that Wi-Fi range issues can be solved by turning off the Bluetooth adapter. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Device Manager. To do so, press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the menu.
- After starting the device management, go to the Bluetooth section and expand it.
- Find your Bluetooth adapter, right-click it and select Disable from the menu.
No Bluetooth settings? So you can solve the problem in no time!
6. Set the antenna diversity to Auxiliary.
According to some users, setting the antenna diversity to Auxiliary solves this problem. To do this, you must proceed as follows:
- Open the Device Manager and locate your WLAN adapter, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab and set the Antennobility option to Tools.
- Save the changes and check if the problem has been solved.
7. Make sure your card is installed correctly.
The Wi-Fi card may not be installed correctly. Make sure it is correctly inserted into the PCI slot. Also make sure that the screws are properly tightened, otherwise you may have problems.
8. Update router firmware
In some cases, a firmware update may solve Wi-Fi range issues. Updating the router firmware is not the easiest process. Please read the router’s manual for detailed instructions.
Note that if you do not update the router’s firmware correctly, you may damage the router irreparably.
You don’t know how to update your router’s firmware? Don’t be afraid! This guide will tell you how!
9. Changing the milling frequency
Modern routers use the 5 GHz frequency. If your router supports this frequency, be sure to use it. When you use the 5 GHz frequency, there is less interference and you get a stronger signal.
Refer to your router’s user guide for detailed instructions on how to switch to the 5 GHz frequency.
10. WLAN router channel change
If you have multiple wireless networks, interference can sometimes occur, especially if these networks all use the same channel.
To solve this problem, it is important to set the radio channel manually. Refer to your router’s user guide for instructions on how to do this.
11. Replace the antenna on the router or Wi-Fi adapter
Many routers and WLAN adapters are equipped with a switchable antenna. So if you have problems with your WLAN range, consider replacing your WLAN antenna with a more powerful one.
When you purchase a new WLAN antenna, be sure to purchase a high-gain antenna to improve WLAN performance and range.
12. Using a Wi-Fi repeater or wireless access point.
If you have problems with the range of your WLAN connection, consider using a WLAN repeater or WLAN access point.
The Wi-Fi repeater is a simpler and more convenient solution, ideal for your home, while the wireless access point has more advanced features and can be better adapted to your workplace.
13. Make sure the Wi-Fi signal is not interfered with
Wi-Fi range problems may also be caused by certain objects or devices that interfere with a Wi-Fi signal.
Microwave ovens, for example, are known to interfere with the Wi-Fi signal.
Remove all devices, such as. B. Baby monitors, garage door openers, kitchen appliances, etc. that can block or limit the range of the Wi-Fi signal.
14. Buying a Wi-Fi Extender
If nothing works, try using a Wi-Fi extension. Check out this list of the 21 best wifi extensions for your Windows 10 computer.
These devices will improve the strength of your Wi-Fi signal and hopefully solve your range problems.
15. Replace modem/router
Outdated devices can also cause Wi-Fi coverage problems. If you are using an old modem or router, it may be time to replace it with a new one.
Wireless networks have their advantages, but they can also have range problems. If you have problems with the Wi-Fi range on Windows 10, you can try one of our solutions.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in May 2016 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
why can't i find a wireless network,windows 10 wifi transmit power,antenna diversity type wifi adapter,wifi signal weak in laptop,best wifi extender for windows 10,cyberpowerpc weak wifi,windows 10 internet connection issues,windows 10 no wifi option in settings,windows 10 network adapter missing,windows 10 wifi disconnects frequently,reset network adapter windows 10 cmd,computer won't connect to wifi but phone will,wifi signal repeater software,where is the wifi card in a pc,how to fix weak wifi signal on laptop,wifi signal booster for windows 8,realtek rtl8723be weak wifi signal windows 10,surface pro 6 weak wifi signal,windows 8.1 wifi low signal,wifi speed fluctuates windows 10,slow wifi windows 8,wifiinfoview signal quality,windows 10 wifi no bars,networkconfiguration.cab windows 10,wifi diagnostics windows,manually connect to wifi windows 10,wifi diagnostics iphone,windows 10 wifi turned off,wifi diagnostics mac,wifi connection problem android,how to fix wifi problems,wifi not working on laptop windows 7,wifi not working on laptop windows 10,wifi signal is strong but unable to connect,laptop not connecting to wifi but phone is,very low wifi signal strength windows 10,windows 10 wifi signal problem,wifi adapter not working windows 10,how to increase wifi range in windows 10,windows 10 wifi not working