When the default printer keeps changing in Windows, it can be a little more difficult to figure out why. This often happens because printers are connected to your computer that is running on a networked environment and not directly attached wirelessly. If you use an old version of Windows, it may also have outdated drivers which will cause this issue with all new releases of windows or newer printers.
The “default printer keeps changing windows 7” is a problem that many users have been experiencing. If you are one of these people, this article will help you troubleshoot the issue and resolve it.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
If you have many printers set on your computer, have you noticed that the default printer constantly changing? This is because Windows 10 has a new option called “Allow Windows to Control the Default Printer,” which automatically sets the last printer used as the default printer.
While this may be convenient for some users, many others may prefer to manually set the default printer. If you wish to prevent Windows from changing the default printer, use the Windows registry editor or the Windows settings.
Why does the default printer change so frequently?
- The first is that your computer contains settings that enable it to alter the device to whatever it considers to be the most suitable.
- The second explanation is an unexpected fault that your computer doesn’t notify you about. This is because the error isn’t producing a significant problem with your computer, and it may be fixed by switching to another device.
How do I resolve the issue “Default printer keeps changing”?
Updated on January 2022:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and infection by utilizing it. It’s also a terrific method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The software easily repairs common Windows system faults – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that might be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To address all faults, click “Repair All.”
Updates must be installed.
- To launch the Settings app, press the Windows + I keys together.
- Then navigate to the area under Updates and Security.
- To check for updates, click the Check for Updates button.
Make a system restore.
- Type System Restore using the Windows + S key combination.
- From the menu, choose the Create a restore point option.
- Then choose System Restore from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next when the System Restore box appears.
- If the option to see alternative restore points is available, enable it, then pick the desired restore point and click Next.
- To finish the recovery procedure, follow the on-screen instructions.
Manually set the default printer.
- Control Panel may be accessed by pressing Windows + S and typing Control Panel. From the list of options, choose Control Panel.
- Go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click the printer you want to set as the default printer and choose Set as Default Printer from the menu.
“Allow Windows to manage the default printer” should be unchecked.
- Go to Settings -> click the Devices icon.
- Click on Printers and Scanners on the left side -> disable the “Allow Windows to control the printer by default” option.
RECOMMENDATION FROM THE STAFF: If you’re experiencing problems with your computer, go here to solve Windows errors and improve system performance.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
The reason for the frequent changes in the default printer is because Windows considers the previous printer you used to be your new preferred printer. As a result, when you go from one printer to another, Windows switches the default printer to the one you last used. This isn’t the only reason why the default printer could be changed.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to the following page: Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Disable the option “Allow Windows to operate the printer by default.”
In the main “Settings” box, choose “Devices (Bluetooth, printer, mouse).” A list of all printers and scanners presently in use may be seen there. Scroll down until you find the option to “Allow window to control default printer.” Turn off this feature.
The “default printer keeps changing to adobe pdf” is a problem that can happen on Windows PC’s. The issue is caused by the default printer being changed by an app or software.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop Windows from changing my default printer?
A: Please search for the name of your printer on this website and follow the instructions. If you have a macOS or Linux computer, please see if there is a guide to stopping Apples Bonjour from automatically changing your default printing system here.
Why does my computer keep changing my default printer?
A: The system default printer is the computers default to print documents. If you have not changed your printers, it has automatically been set as the printer that prints word doc files and other document types for Windows 10.
How do I permanently set a default printer?
A: To set a printer as the default, please follow these steps.
1) Open Settings and tap Printers & Scanners to select your current printer.
2) Tap Set Default Printer on the bottom left corner of your screen.
3) Select No when asked if you are sure you want to change printers settings for this device (this will be called out in yellow text).
- stop windows from changing default printer
- default printer disappears windows 10
- default printer keeps changing in windows 10
- let windows manage my default printer keeps turning on
- default printer keeps changing windows 8