Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of keys that allow you to do things in installed applications and with the operating system. They significantly increase productivity, as you can perform certain actions directly without using the mouse. Today we take a look at the keyboard shortcuts available in Edge Chromium.
The latest versions of Microsoft’s Edge browser are based on the open-source Chromium project, set up by Google, and share core technology with Chrome. However, Microsoft has replaced Google’s integrated services such as Translator, Search, etc. with its own Bing-based solutions. It also has some exclusive features such as pre-reading. Microsoft is currently actively working on a new look and feel for the browser that follows Fluent Design guidelines and is very elegant.
Like many modern applications, the browser supports many keyboard shortcuts, also known as “shortcuts”. This article will show you which keyboard shortcuts (shortcuts) you can use in Microsoft Edge Chromium. This article will be continuously updated. If you know of other shortcuts, please feel free to leave a comment.
Microsoft Edge Chromium Keyboard Shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts for navigation
- Ctrl + L – Select the URL in the address bar to edit it.
- Ctrl + Shift + L – Paste and search or Paste and go (if it’s a URL)
- Ctrl + N – open a new window
- Ctrl + Shift + N – opens a new window InPrivate
- Alt + left arrow – go back
- Alt + right arrow – forward
- Alt + Home – Opens the home page in the current tab.
- Ctrl + H – Open history in a new tab (web interface)
- Ctrl + J – open the download in a new tab (web interface)
- Ctrl + E – Open a search in the address bar
- Ctrl + F – Search page
- Ctrl + G – Go to the next result to search in the search bar
- Ctrl + Shift + G – go to the previous key to search in the search bar
- Ctrl + K – opens a search in the address bar
- F3 – Search in the current tab
- Ctrl + Shift + K – Duplicate the current tab.
- Ctrl + T – open a new tab and switch to it.
- Ctrl + Shift + T – reloads and goes to the last closed tab.
- Ctrl + 1, 2, … 8 – Go to a specific bookmark
- Ctrl + 9 – go to the last tab.
- Ctrl + Enter – inserts www. at the beginning and .com at the end of the text entered in the address bar.
- Ctrl + Tab – to move to the next tab.
- Ctrl + PgDn – go to the next tab
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab – moves to the previous tab.
- Ctrl + PgUp – go to the previous tab
- Ctrl + W – close the current tab.
User interface and functions
- Ctrl + Shift + B – Show or hide the favorites bar
- Alt + Shift + B – focuses on the first element of the favorites line.
- Ctrl + D – Save the current tab as a favorite.
- Ctrl + Shift + D – Save all open tabs as favorites in a new folder.
- Alt + D – Select the URL you want to change in the address bar.
- Alt + E – Open the “Settings” menu and continue “…”.
- Alt + F – Open the “Settings” menu and then “…”.
- Ctrl + Shift + I – Open tool for developers
- Alt + Shift + I – Opens the Send Comment dialog box.
- Ctrl + M – Disable the current tab (switch).
- Ctrl + Shift + M – Log in as another user or browse as guest
- Ctrl + O – Open the file from your computer in the Border.
- Ctrl + Shift + O – manage open bookmarks
- Ctrl + P – Print current page
- Ctrl + Shift + P – Print from the system dialog box.
- Ctrl + R – reload current page
- Ctrl + Shift + R – reloads the current page, ignoring the cached content.
- Ctrl + S – Save current page
- Alt + Shift + T – focuses on the first element of the toolbar.
- Ctrl + U – show page source
- Ctrl + Offset + U – Start or stop reading aloud
- Ctrl + Shift + V – Paste without formatting
- Ctrl + Shift + W – close the current window.
- Ctrl + Shift + Y – open collections
- Ctrl + 0 (zero) – Setting the zoom level
- Ctrl + + Zoom
- Ctrl + – – Zoom out
- Ctrl + (in PDF format) – PDF switch between adjust to page / adjust to width
- Ctrl + [ (in the PTO) – Turn the PTO 90 * counterclockwise
- Ctrl + ] (in PDF format) – rotate PDF 90* clockwise.
- Ctrl + Shift + Del – open the data view options in the open view.
- Alt – Highlight the “Settings” button and more “…”.
- Alt+ F4 – close current window
- F1 – Open Help
- F4 – Select the URL in the address bar.
- Ctrl+F4 – Close the current page in the current tab.
- F5 – Reload the current tab
- Shift+ F5 – reloads the current tab, ignoring the cached content.
- F6 – Go to the next panel
- Shift + F6 – switch to previous panel
- F7 – Turn the slide display on or off
- F9 – Entry or exit of immersion reader
- F10 – Highlight the “Settings” button and more “…”.
- F10 + Enter – Open the “Installation” menu and then “…”.
- Shift+ F10 – Open context menu
- F11 – Call in full screen (toggle)
- F12 – Open tools for developers
- Esc – End page loading; close the dialog or pop-up window.
- Spacebar – Move the web page one screen at a time.
- Shift + Space – Move up screen by screen on the web page.
- PgDn – Running through the web page one screen at a time.
- PgUp – scrolls up one web page, one screen at a time.
- Home – Go to the top of the page, move the keyboard focus to the first element of the panel.
- End – Go to the end of the page, put the keyboard focus on the last item in the panel.
- Tab – Go to the next tab
- Shift + Tab – go to the previous tabulator
Winero is counting on your support. With these options, you can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software:
According to Sergei Tkachenko, the last update will be on February 11, 2021 for Microsoft Edge.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
Frequently asked questions
How can I customize the keyboard shortcuts on my Microsoft keyboard?
Setting keyboard shortcuts – Word – Microsoft Support
How can I change the edge labels?
Configure keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge DevTools …
Can you change the keyboard shortcuts for Chrome?
However, Google Chrome allows you to assign your own shortcuts to installed extensions. You can do this on the Chrome extensions page … On the extensions page, scroll down and click on the “Keyboard Shortcuts” link in the lower right corner of the page.
keyboard shortcut to open edge browser,microsoft edge website shortcut,hotkey edge,microsoft edge shortcut location,edge wired led gaming keyboard,microsoft edge alt + tab,chrome keyboard shortcuts,disable microsoft edge keyboard shortcuts,edge pdf highlight shortcut,microsoft edge run command,caret browsing edge,edge key,how to highlight in microsoft edge,microsoft wedge keyboard,microsoft edge keyboard shortcuts pdf,shortcut key for microsoft edge in windows 10,change microsoft edge keyboard shortcuts,keyboard shortcut to open microsoft edge,microsoft edge highlight shortcut,duplicate tab shortcut edge