Here are the changes mentioned in the official announcement of Edge Dev.
What’s new in Edge Dev 90.0.796.0
- A quieter version of the notification requests has received a number of improvements. There is now a point system that automatically turns on and off site notifications based on the user’s interaction with the notification request dialog.
- The PDF mini-menu is now officially documented here.
- Improvements to the Developer Partnership Centre.
- Microsoft is also asking for feedback on Microsoft Edge Chromium’s IE Mode feature.
- Added ability to start typing for a search once the Favorites and History menus are opened and loaded.
- Added local browsing history tooltips when clicking an empty address bar in a new tab.
- Added support for user-friendly certificate names in Certificate Builder.
- Enabled single sign-on for Mac, which solved an issue where some websites could not connect.
- Improved notification when certain permissions are restricted when viewing a protected PDF file.
- The Enable Native Window Coverage control policy has been removed in favor of the newly added Enable Window Coverage policy. Administrative templates or documentation may not have been updated yet.
- Enable policy support to control SSL error overload of Upstream Chromium Allowed for Origins.
- Fixed crash when closing browser.
- Fixed error with pop-up window of auto-fill prompt.
- Correction of a crash when using the controlled switch.
- A crash for family security users has been fixed.
- Correction of a crash when using speech recognition.
- Fixed a crash when copying something when data loss protection is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the browser was using a lot of processors without doing anything.
- Fixed a bug where Smart Copy on one of the sites, for example B. OneNote, was not working.
- Fixed bug where deleted passwords were sometimes restored unexpectedly and synchronously.
- Fixed a graphical problem on some pages, for example. B. Excel, have been damaged over time.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the print preview to show the wrong number of sheets.
- Fixed an issue with printing multiple sheets per page.
- Fixed an issue where PDF files created by printing a page using the Print to PDF feature would not appear in the download list.
- Fixed an issue where the connection sync button in settings was not turned off when connecting or disabling sync via management policy.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused options or data to be missing from Web page drop-down lists.
- Fixed error when dragging a URL from the address bar into the collection.
- An issue with synchronizing collections has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue where pinning a PWA or an application installed website to the taskbar unexpectedly also caused it to be pinned to the Start menu.
- Fixed bug where opening an expected link in PWA or on a website installed as an application did not open the exact link, but only led to the website’s home page.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a PWA or a website that was installed as an application did not remove its listing from the Start menu.
- Fixed an issue where PWAs or websites installed as applications that open child windows were not connected to the main application window, but to a shared Edge window.
- Fixed bug where the price comparison in the purchase pop-up window was not displaying at the right time.
- The Autofill feature has been removed from the Application Guard windows.
- Some extensions, such as. B. the Microsoft Editor extension, does not work under Linux. Once installed, they crash and burn out. We’ll find out.
- Users of some ad blocker extensions may experience reading errors on Youtube. As a temporary solution, playback can be continued by temporarily disabling the extension. See https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/known-issue-adblock-causing-errors-on-youtube/m-p/14… for more information.
- Some users still have the problem that all tabs and extensions are immediately blocked with the STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error message. The most common cause of this error is outdated security or antivirus software from vendors such as Symantec, and in these cases the error is fixed by updating this software.
- Kaspersky Internet Suite users who have the correct extension installed sometimes see websites like Gmail not loading. This problem is due to the fact that the main Kaspersky software is outdated, so installing the latest version will fix the problem.
- Some users see their favorites duplicated after we made some corrections in this area. This is usually initiated by setting up a stable Edge channel and then logging into an account previously registered with Edge. This problem should now be solved with the introduction of automatic deduplication in the Insider channels. However, we have also seen cases of duplication when the manual deduplicator runs on different machines before one machine is able to fully synchronize its changes. Thus, until automatic deduplication is stable, there must be sufficient time between passes of the deduplicator.
- Some users notice a vibration when scrolling with trackpad or touchscreen gestures, as scrolling in one dimension also causes a subtle tilt in the other dimension. Note that this is only true for some websites and it seems to be worse on some devices. This is likely due to our ongoing work to make scrolling equal peak behavior. So if this behavior is unwanted, you can temporarily disable it by unchecking the experimental scroll flag edge://flags/#edge.
For preview versions, Microsoft currently uses three channels to deliver updates to Edge Insiders. The Canary channel gets daily updates (except Saturday and Sunday), the Device channel gets weekly updates, and the Beta channel is updated every 6 weeks. You can download the Edge Insider preview here.
Vinero is counting a lot on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
Microsoft Edge’s latest update is scheduled for the 17th, according to Sergei Tkachenko. February 2021.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
frequently asked questions
Why did Microsoft Edge change?
Joe Belfiore, then Vice President for Windows at Microsoft, explained that this decision was made to create better web compatibility for our customers and less web fragmentation for all web developers. Even if you use Google Chrome, Microsoft’s work in the Edge browser will improve Chromium.
Does Microsoft Edge automatically update?
Most updates for Microsoft Edge are installed automatically as soon as they are released, but you can always check for updates manually. It’s a good idea to update Microsoft Edge, as each update fixes security vulnerabilities.
What is a stable Microsoft Edge channel?
A robust channel is designed to be widely used in your organization, and that’s where the majority of users should be. It is the most stable of all the channels and is the result of stabilizing all the features that were available in the previous version of the beta channel. New features are delivered approximately every 6 weeks.