Microsoft today presented Windows 10 build 21296 to Insiders on the Dev channel. It comes from the RS_PRERELEASE branch. It contains no new features, but many bug fixes and general improvements.
The company also indicated that Windows Insider Preview 20262 or earlier will be released on the 31st. January 2021. It is recommended to use the latest version available for preview.
What’s new in Windows 10 Construction 21296
Changes and improvements
Microsoft has made the following two changes to the user interface and storage.
- A new design for clipboard items has been implemented in Insiders. The updated flute, seen for the first time in the 20206 build, allows individual recordings to be printed, rolled out, deleted and synchronized.
- The new storage user interface in settings is now accessible to all device channel insiders.
In addition to the above, there is a long list of corrections.
Corrections in this version
- A problem that could get in the way of a service visit: Modern warfare and the call to duty: The Black Ops Cold War has been repaired since the beginning and is currently being deployed. Please update your game(s) to apply the correction.
- We fixed an issue with a previous flight where the Xbox Game Bar would launch on some games without pressing WIN + G.
- We’ve fixed an issue where the Xbox Game Bar might not respond when you launch it (for example, when you press WIN + G).
- We fixed an issue where the Program Compatibility Wizard sometimes used unexpectedly large CPU resources during recent flights.
- We have fixed an issue that could cause explorer.exe to freeze when installing the ISO.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows security application could simultaneously display an update check button and a link.
- We fixed render/graphics issues with some Insiders after modifying some application windows.
- Installing this version will restore the x64 emulation to ARM64 if it was previously broken after installing version 21292.1010.
- For insiders using x64 applications on ARM64, an updated listing of ARM64 C++ Redistributable (version 14.28.29812) is available and can now be installed at https://aka.ms/arm64previewredist. The new version adds vcruntime140_1.dll and fixes bugs in a number of CAD applications.
Traditionally, there have been known problems with pre-release construction.
- We are working to fix an issue reported by Insiders that some games like State of Decay 2 or games in the Assassin’s Creed series may freeze or crash at launch.
- We are investigating an issue where some 32-bit systems might lose network connectivity after adopting this build. If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows, you should stop the upgrade until the problem is resolved.
- Miracast users can benefit from a very low frame rate in this build.
- We are following up on reports that the update process has been suspended for a long time when trying to install a new version.
- We study a problem that affects the reliability of the launch and other modern applications launched during the previous flight. If you are concerned, you can reload the layout from the Start menu.
- Aero Shake is handicapped in this building. To activate it, you need to go to the registry editor and create a new DWORD item called DisallowShaking with a value of 0 : HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced.
- Live preview of pinned pages is not yet enabled for all insiders, so you may see a gray window when you hover over the thumbnail in the taskbar. We continue to work to improve this experience.
- We are working on a new taskbar for existing pinned pages. At the same time, you can print the page from the taskbar, remove it from the page edge://apps, and then print the page again.
- News & Interests] When updating this version, the taskbar settings of News & Interests are reset to display the icon and text. This problem will be solved in the future.
- Sometimes news and interest cannot be ignored with a pen.
- Messages and interests] Messages and interests take up more space than expected in the taskbar on the left.
- The taskbar button may display outdated information when a user logs into a Windows session.
- News & Interests] The News & Interests output displays the content in a single column before quickly switching to a two-column output.
- The text button on the taskbar may appear in pixels on high-resolution displays.
- The context menu on the taskbar and the news and interests overlap.
- News and Interest] Under certain circumstances, news and interest will take up 100% of the CPU on initial launch.
- When attempting to share content, the stick is deleted.
- ARM64] Insiders who have a preliminary version of the Qualcomm Adreno graphics driver installed on the Surface Pro X may experience a reduction in screen brightness. This issue will be corrected in a future update.
That’s the point. You can find the official announcement here.
If you have configured your device to receive updates through the device channel/shortcut, open Settings – > Update and Recovery and tap Check for updates on the right. Allows you to install the latest available version of Windows 10 Insider Preview.
Vinero is counting a lot on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
According to Sergei Tkachenko, the last update was on the 21st. January 2021 on Windows 10.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
windows os, windows operating systems, microsoft 10, windows 10 pro