If you are also encountering this error, here are some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the S/MIME verification issue that is not available on a running Windows 10, 8 and 7 system.
How do I make S/MIME control available?
1. Add your OWA to Trusted Sites
- Start Internet Explorer. You can navigate through the Start menu to find and launch the application.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon and select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, open the Security tab.
- Select the trusted sites and click on Sites.
- Paste the link to your OWA page and click Add.
- Next, clear the Service Validation (https:) required for all sites in this area.
- Click Close and return to the Internet Explorer homepage.
- Click on the gear icon and select the compatibility display settings.
- Enter the same link to the OWA site in the Add this site field and click Add.
- Leave the other settings unchanged and click Close.
- Try downloading the attachment or check the email to see if the error was fixed.
Adding your OWA page to the Trusted Sites and Compatibility view seems to have fixed the error for many users. Make sure OWA pages are added to both the Trusted Sites and Compatibility views to resolve the issue.
2. Using Internet Explorer as an Administrator
- Type Internet Explorer into the search box.
- Right-click Internet Explorer in the search results and select Run as Administrator.
- Try to retrieve your email and make sure the S/MIME check is not available, the error has been fixed. When the error is resolved, change the Internet Explorer property so that the application still works as an administrator.
- Open the file explorer and navigate to the following location:
- Right-click on the Internet Explorer shortcut and select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Select the Run as administrator check box.
- Click OK to save your changes.
The next time you start Internet Explorer, run it with administrator privileges. Sometimes the application may require the user to have administrator rights in the browser.
3. S/MIME assembly
- Open your OWA client and log in with your credentials.
- Tap the Settings button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the context menu, select Show all settings.
- Click the Settings button in the Settings window.
- Click on the S/MIME tab in the menu.
- Click on the Download S/MIME Control hyperlink to download the package.
- When the download is complete, start the download file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install S/MIME.
- After installation, you should refresh your browser and you should see a popup message indicating that this website wants to run the following add-on.
- Right-click on the message and select Run this add-on on all websites.
- Click Run when the Internet Explorer security warning appears.
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair All to troubleshoot proprietary technologies.
Scan the PC with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files are replaced with new Windows files and components.
Pay attention: You may need to reinstall S/MIME if the installation is interrupted due to a Windows update that resets the settings. Follow the S/MIME installation steps and correct the S/MIME handling error.
4. Disable option Encrypted pages on disk
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Click on the gear icon and select Internet options.
- In the Internet Options window, open the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Security section.
- Clear the Do not save encrypted pages to disk check box.
- Click Apply and OK to save your changes.
- Close Internet Options and restart Internet Explorer.
- After restarting, check the S/MIME error and make sure the error is corrected.
How do I enable S/MIME in Chrome?
- Press the Windows + R key.
- Type regedit and click OK to open the registry editor.
- In the registry editor, navigate to the following location:
- Right-click anywhere in the right panel, select New, and then select String Value.
- Enter 1 for the value name and make sure the value type is REG_SZ.
- Right-click on the value you just created and select Modify.
- Enter the following data in the Data field, depending on the application of the Agency :
- Make the necessary changes to the above value, e.g. add B. Add your OWA URL and click OK to save the changes.
- Close the registry editor and restart the Chrome browser.
- After the restart, an Outlook icon will appear next to the address bar indicating that the extension is activated.
- Next, the S/MIME control must be installed for the extension to work properly. For Office 365, you can download the S/MIME control here.
- Run the downloaded file to define the control.
- Restart the browser to configure additional S/MIME settings in Outlook Online.
S/MIME verification is not available when accessing emails or attachments for several reasons. Follow the steps in this article to correct the error.
FAQS : More information on S/MIMEcontrol
- What is S/MIME management not available?
The S/MIME warning message may not be available in a browser if you are receiving encrypted or digitally signed messages on a system that does not have S/MIME control installed.
- How can I ensure S/MIME control?
Chrome-based browsers such as Google Chrome and Edge require a registry editor modification to install the S/MIME control extension.
- How do I open an encrypted e-mail?
If the email is encrypted using email encryption software, you may need to use a one-time password to read the email.
Still having problems?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent on TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scanning button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing problems with the PC.
- Click Restore All to fix issues related to proprietary technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 players this month.
s/mime control isn’t available google chrome, s/mime isn’t currently supported for your browser or platform, the s/mime message wasn’t decrypted successfully, s/mime control isn’t available iphone, s/mime control for firefox, how to remove s/mime, enabling s/mime, s/mime your message couldn’t be retrieved