We all know that Gboard is Google’s keyboard for Android and iOS devices. It replaces the default keyboard and gives you access to many of Google’s features via the new Gboard keyboard. But sometimes an error occurs when it stops working. If you’re wondering why my Gboard isn’t working, it could be due to a sudden crash, a boot problem, etc.
So, if you too have found yourself in this situation and are looking for solutions, read this blog. Here are some possible solutions to solve the problem of Gboard not working on Android.
How do I fix a broken card on Android?
It will be hard to understand why Gboard doesn’t work, but there are ways to get rid of it. Follow these methods to fix Gboard on Android.
Method 1: Restart Android phone
A common solution that can really help get rid of such an error is to reboot the phone once. Occasionally, some unwanted processes may prevent Gboard from working. So, in this situation, rebooting the device will be of great help. All applications running in the background are closed and your phone is rebooted.
However, if restarting does not resolve the error, proceed with the following solution.
Method 2: Clear embedded application cache
Remember, cache files help your applications work faster by storing the data and programs they use very often. Cache files can sometimes crash and cause conflicts with other applications. When this happens, you need to clear the cache files of the Gboard application.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- First, open Settings > Applications.
- Now scroll down until you see Gboard > click on it.
- Here you must select Memory to retrieve cached data.
- Then click on the Clear Cache option.
Here’s how. Your application will now download new data from the server and hopefully your card will work properly.
Method 3: Remove side effects
If you update your device, a compatibility issue may occur and the application may no longer work. The new update brings with it several features, including. B. Bug fixes, performance improvements, etc. However, these updates can sometimes cause Gboard to stop working.
So here, you just need to remove the updates by following these steps:
- First, go to Settings > tap Apps.
- Find Gboard and click on it
- Then click on the 3-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Select the option Delete updates.
Method 4: Force Stop Card App
If you keep getting the same error message, it’s best to stop using it. This has worked for many users and may work for you too.
The steps are listed below:
- First, go to Settings > Apps > Tip.
- Now press Force Stop.
- Finally, click on OK to confirm.
Now check if the application is working properly and without errors.
Method 5: Uninstall the board’s application
If your application continues to show the same error, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the application. However, you cannot do this from the Settings menu.
You need to open the Google Play Store, find the Gboard app and open it. The Delete option appears. It may say Open next to it instead of Update. This simply means that you are not using the latest version, which can cause the problem.
From there, you’ll need to click delete and confirm. Then go to the Google Play Store again, find the Gboard app and install it. Now open the card and check that it is working properly.
Method 6: Try disabling keyboards other than.
You should know that Android comes with a built-in keyboard, and if you install a new keyboard, you should enable it in the settings. All other keyboards should be disconnected from that as well.
Therefore, you should also disable the other keyboards by following the steps below:
- First, go to your phone’s settings.
- Now go to System > Language and Input.
- Then click on the virtual keyboard
- Then click on the Keyboard Control button
- Then activate Gboard and disable all keyboards.
Method 7: Updating map
If you still get the same error message, that Gboard doesn’t work on Android, you should check if it works on a previous version. This means that the application must be updated.
So follow the instructions to update the Gboard application:
- First, go to the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Then click on My applications and games
- Now search for Gboard and click on it
- Then click on the Update option next to the following item
- After updating the application, check whether the error that is not working on the card has been fixed or not.
Method 8: Enable keyboard in settings
Sometimes this is another way to get rid of the insect. You can follow the instructions as you just need to activate it in the Settings menu. Previously, users had to do this to access the application.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, go to Settings > Select language and input.
- Now select Current Keyboard
- In the window that opens, select Select Keyboard to display all keyboard applications installed on our device. You can see some new applications here that have a built-in keyboard.
- From there, disable all keyboards and Gboard. Then activate the Gboard application and see if you can access the keyboard you want.
- You can see that the Gboard option is grayed out, meaning that it is your default keyboard application and will not be disabled until you enable another one.
Method 9: Android Phone Factory Reset
It is a last resort when other methods do not work. Sometimes you have no choice but to reset the device to factory settings. However, keep in mind that this process will erase all important data on the device. Back up all your data before performing the following steps.
Here are the steps to follow to reset your Android phone to factory settings:
- First go to Settings > select Backup & Reset.
- You then have the option to save and reset. All your settings and application data will be copied to Google’s servers, and select Reset all data to this location.
- Then select Reset Phone to erase everything on the phone.
- And there you have it, your phone is as good as new and hopefully your Gboard app is working as usual.
Method 10: The ultimate solution to map problems on Android.
Apart from all the above methods, if you are looking for a more advanced method, it is highly recommended to use the Restore Android tool. It is an effective and powerful software that can easily fix all Android errors or problems. If your Gboard is not working or freezes, you can use this tool to fix Gboard non-functioning error on Android. This tool is easy to use and has the highest success rate according to many experts.
It not only fixes the problem of Gboard not working, but it is also able to fix other Android errors like Android settings stopped, Android apps stopped, Android hotspot not working, Android black/blue screen error and many more. So just download the Android Restore software and get rid of Gboard on Android easily.
(*The free version allows you to view only the repair files).
So, here is the end of the blog where I have discussed some ways to solve the problem of Gboard not working on Android. If your card doesn’t break or doesn’t work, follow all the methods above to get rid of it. For a quick and instant repair, go to Android Repair Software which can easily fix Gboard stopped working on Android.
If you need more help or have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments section.
You can connect with us through our social pages like Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louie is a professional blogger and SEO expert. He enjoys writing blogs and articles about Android and iOS phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS data recovery and is always looking forward to troubleshooting Android and iOS devices.
frequently asked questions
How can I repair the card if it does not work anymore?
‘ … Technical note.
How do I reset the card on Android?
gboard response co=GENIE.Pl…
How do I reset my card?
The Story of How to Clean a Plate….
Feedback,gboard keeps stopping,how to reset gboard settings,gboard not working iphone,google keyboard stopped working,can’t enable gboard huawei,gboard not working in mi phone,Privacy settings,How Search works,Gboard,Microsoft SwiftKey,Fleksy,TouchPal,See more,how do i restore my google keyboard on android,how do i restore the keyboard on my android phone,gboard keyboard