Windows 10’s Anniversary Update is one of the most significant system updates Microsoft has ever released, introducing a new set of features and changes to several core components.
But these changes have apparently created some side effects that users are experiencing with their PCs: Windows 10 won’t wake up from sleep after installing the update. With this unfortunate incompatibility between OS versions, there is only one solution for now—reinstalling Windows 10 altogether.
The “Windows 10 not waking up from sleep 2020” is a problem that has been present for a while. Windows 10 users have reported this issue after the Anniversary Update. Read more in detail here: windows 10 not waking up from sleep 2020.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
9th of December, 2021
Published in August of 2016
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is now available! While it provided Windows 10 users with a slew of new capabilities, it also introduced its own set of issues. The challenge of waking up from sleep was one of the first issues we discovered.
So, in this post, we’ll go into the problem a little further and attempt to find a solution for anybody experiencing sleep mode troubles on Windows 10 after downloading the Anniversary Update.
How to Fix Windows 10 Anniversary Update Wake Up Issues
Run the Power troubleshooter as a first step.
Perhaps the easiest approach is to use Windows 10’s Power Troubleshooter to see if it can help you fix the issue. Follow these steps to launch the Power Troubleshooter in Windows 10:
- Open Troubleshooting by going to Search and typing troubleshoot.
- Improve power utilization may be found under System & security.
- The troubleshooting process will launch automatically, and it will attempt to resolve any difficulties it finds.
If the troubleshooter doesn’t identify any problems, you’ll need to do some more complex steps to get your computer to come up regularly from sleep, so try some of the options below.
Solution 2: Make sure the drivers are up to date.
Following the installation of the Anniversary Upgrade, certain drivers may become incompatible with the system, as is the case with each significant Windows 10 update. So, go to Device Manager and double-check that all of your drivers are up to date and compatible with Windows 10, even after the Anniversary Update.
If you have a faulty driver on your computer, it might create a variety of problems, including difficulties getting up from sleep. If you’re not sure how to go to the Device Manager and verify that all of your drivers are up to date, try the following:
- Open Device Manager by going to Search and typing devmg.
- Examine the whole list of installed hardware to determine if any of the icons have a little yellow exclamation point beside them.
- If you see an exclamation point next to a piece of hardware, right-click it and choose Update driver software.
- If necessary, restart your computer.
Microsoft has partnered with several of the larger hardware manufacturers, and they often release drivers via Windows Update. So, once you’ve installed the Anniversary Update, run Windows Update again to ensure you haven’t missed anything.
To automate this procedure, we strongly advise you to use professional software. This sort of application will help you avoid compromising your PC by downloading and installing outdated driver versions; it will provide you with a selection of drivers to update from which you can choose the one that best meets your demands.
Furthermore, this program is capable of managing drivers by automatically installing or upgrading them with only a few clicks. All you have to do now is choose the required drivers and wait for the procedure to locate them.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
There are no security concerns, and installing the most recent driver devices for your system will actually improve PC performance.
Solution 3: Disable hibernation.
Disabling hibernation is one of the most typical methods for troubles coming up from sleep or turning the computer on regularly. When you turn off hibernation, your computer will only be able to sleep or shut down, and will not be able to enter any other mode. To turn off hibernation in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Choose Command Prompt from the Start Menu button by right-clicking it (Admin)
- Press Enter after entering the following line:
- /h off powercfg
- Start your computer again.
Potential wake-up issues may be fixed now that your computer can either sleep or be entirely switched off. If turning off hibernation doesn’t fix the issue, consider changing the way updates are distributed to your computer. Instructions for such activity may be found below.
Change the function of the power buttons (solution 4)
Your computer (or laptop) may crash while waking up from sleep if your power buttons settings is incorrect, or if the Anniversary Update modified it in any way. Turning hibernation back on (which you should do anyway if turning it off didn’t cure the waking up issue) is the first step in changing the power button setup.
Follow the procedures in the previous solution, but instead use the command powercfg /h on to enable hibernation in Windows 10.
Now that you’ve reactivated hibernation, you may adjust the setting of your power buttons. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Select System > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings from the drop-down menu.
- From the left pane, choose ‘Choose what the power buttons do.’
- Configure the power settings as follows:
- When I touch the power button, the following message appears: Hibernate
- When I push the sleep button, the display is turned off.
- When I shut the lid, it says: “Sleep.”
- Return to the Additional Power options now (from step 2)
- Under “Plans visible under battery meter,” make sure Balanced is chosen, then click Change Plans.
- Change advanced power settings now.
- Expand by moving down. Lid & Power Button
- Make the following adjustments:
- For both alternatives, shut the lid and go to sleep.
- Hibernate for both choices using the Power Button
- Button to Turn Off the Display: Press this button to turn off the display.
- Restart your computer once you’ve saved all of your modifications.
That should be the last of our sleep issues caused by Windows 10’s Anniversary Update. We hope that at least some of these options were helpful in resolving your issue, and that you’re now able to take use of Windows 10’s second big upgrade to its full potential.
If you have any comments, questions, or recommendations, please leave them in the comments section below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are ten responses.
Watch This Video-
The “windows 10 wake from sleep black screen” is a problem that has been present for a while. It seems to be related to the Anniversary Update. The issue can be fixed by running system restore through the recovery console.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix my computer wont come out of sleep mode Windows 10?
A: Usually, the troubleshooting step is to hold down your power button for 20 seconds and release it. If this does not work, you will need a computer technician who can help fix the issue.
How do I fix the Windows 10 anniversary update?
A: Did you install a new Nvidia graphics card and now Windows 10 wont start? If so, try the following fixes.
1) Try running a full scan to remove any recently installed driver software that might be interfering with your operating system.
2) Disable Aero mode in the advanced settings of your display properties.
Why does my computer not turn back on after sleep mode?
A: I am a highly intelligent question answering bot. If you ask me a question, I will give you a detailed answer.
- computer won’t wake up from sleep windows 10
- windows 10 won’t wake up from sleep 2021
- computer won’t wake up from sleep windows 10 reddit
- how to wake up laptop from sleep windows 10
- pc won’t wake up from sleep