Microsoft finally unveiled the Windows 11 operating system, and it’s available to download today. Here’s what you need to know to get started:
The new Windows version, codenamed “Windows 11” has been with us for a while now. In this article, we will see the specifications of Windows 11. It is expected that the new version of Windows will be released sometime in the first half of 2016.
Windows 11 is a major release of Microsoft’s Windows operating system, which will finally replace Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. It will be the first major update to the Windows operating system in two decades (since Windows 95). Windows 10 was released in July 2015, and although it is a major update to the operating system, it is not the same as Windows 11. Windows 10 is a service, which means it will be continually updated, just like Windows 8.1. Windows 11, however, is a completely new operating system, which is why full details are not available yet.. Read more about windows 11 system requirements and let us know what you think.
Vlad Turiceanu Editor-in-Chief
With a passion for technology, Windows and anything with an on/off button, he has spent most of his time developing new skills and learning more about the world of technology. With a strong background in personal computers,… Read more
Windows 11 has been confirmed, and Microsoft has a lot of plans for it. It looks like the new operating system will be heavily focused on performance and gaming, and that’s good news for everyone, not just hardcore gamers.
Although a version of Windows 11 was leaked a few weeks before launch, there were no clear indications of performance. Subsequent benchmarks have given us a general idea of the new operating system’s performance, but now we can be sure.
On its official support page, Microsoft has published the specifications, features and computer requirements for Windows 11.
Remember, these are the basic system requirements for installing Windows 11 on a PC. To check if your current computer meets the minimum requirements, download and run the PC Health Check application.
When it comes to the specific requirements of Windows 11, it seems that Microsoft has added many new technologies and improvements over Windows 10. Just to name a few of the most important ones:
- To support 5G, a 5G-enabled modem is required.
- The Auto HDR function requires an HDR monitor.
- Bit Locker to Go requires a USB flash drive (available in Windows Pro and higher editions).
- The Hyper-V client requires a processor capable of Layer 2 Address Translation (SLAT) (available on Windows Pro and later editions).
- Cortana requires a microphone and speaker and is currently available in Windows 11 for the following countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- DirectStorage requires a 1TB or larger NVMe SSD to store and run games with the standard NVM Express controller driver and DirectX 12 Ultimate GPU.
- DirectX 12 Ultimate is available in supported games and graphics chips.
- Presence requires a sensor that can detect the distance between a person and the device or their intention to interact with the device.
- Intelligent video conferencing requires a video camera, microphone and speaker (audio output).
- The Multi-Voice Assistant (MVA) requires a microphone and a speaker.
- Snap’s three-column layouts require a screen with an effective width of 1920 pixels or more.
- A video camera, microphone, and speaker (audio output) are required to mute or unmute the taskbar sound. The application must be compatible with the global mute/unmute function.
- Ambient noise requires additional equipment and software.
- Teams will need a video camera, a microphone and a speaker (audio output).
- Touch control requires a screen or monitor that supports multi-touch.
- Two-factor authentication requires the use of a PIN, biometrics (fingerprint reader or backlit infrared camera) or a phone with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth capabilities.
- Voice input requires a computer with a microphone.
- The Wake on Voice function requires a modern emergency power supply and a microphone.
- Wi-Fi 6E requires new hardware and an HSI WLAN driver, as well as an access point/router that supports Wi-Fi 6E.
- Biometric authentication with Windows Hello requires a camera configured to capture near-infrared (NIR) images, or a fingerprint reader. Devices without biometric sensors can use Windows Hello with a Microsoft-compatible PIN or a portable security key.
- Windows Projection requires a display adapter that supports the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.0 and a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct.
- Xbox (app) requires an Xbox Live account, which is not available in all regions. For the latest availability information, please visit Xbox Live Countries and Regions. Some features of the Xbox app require an active subscription to Xbox Game Pass. More information about the passport.
And that’s not all. Yes, there are many new features added in Windows 11, but some that were present in Windows 10 have been removed or severely limited. Here are some applications that may be deprecated or removed when you upgrade to Windows 11:
- Cortana is no longer activated on first boot or docked in the taskbar.
- The wallpaper cannot be moved to or from the device when you are signed in to your Microsoft account.
- Internet Explorer is disabled. Microsoft Edge is the recommended replacement and includes IE mode, which may be useful in some scenarios.
- The math input field has been removed. Math Recognizer is installed on demand and includes a check for entering and recognizing math. Mathematical ink in applications such as OneNote is not affected by this change.
- News and interests have changed. New features have been added and can be found by clicking on the Widgets icon in the taskbar.
- Remove the quick status on the lock screen and related settings.
- Mode S is currently only available for Windows 11 Home Edition.
- The snipping tool is still available, but the old design and features of the Windows 10 version have been replaced with the design and features of the app formerly known as Snip & Sketch.
- In Windows 11, the Start function has been significantly changed, including the removal of the following keys:
- Named groups and application folders are no longer supported, and the layout size is currently unchanged.
- Registered apps and websites will not transfer when you upgrade to Windows 10.
- Live tiles are no longer available. For dynamic content that can be displayed, use the new Widgets feature.
- The tablet mode has been removed and new features and options for attaching and detaching the keyboard have been added.
- In particular, the functionality of the taskbar has changed:
- People is no longer present in the taskbar.
- Some icons may no longer appear in the taskbar (systray) on upgraded devices, including previous settings.
- Alignment at the bottom of the screen is the only acceptable layout.
- Applications can no longer customize taskbar areas.
- The timeline has been removed. Some similar features are available in Microsoft Edge.
- The touch keyboard cannot lock and unlock the keyboard layout on screens 18 inches and larger.
- The wallet has been removed.
Additionally, 3D Viewer, OneNote for Windows 10, Paint 3D and Skype will no longer be installed on the new devices. This also applies to a clean Windows installation. They will still be available, but only in stores.
Auto-HDR, Snap and integration with Teams promise to be great features that will certainly improve performance, connectivity and overall experience, but the loss of Cortana in the taskbar or the lack of Internet Explorer could be a problem for some.
What do you think of the requirements and features of Windows 11? Tell us what you think in the comments below.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionThe buzz around Windows 11 has been growing. Microsoft has been talking about it for several months now, and the tech media has been going gaga over it. The big important thing is that this time the Windows 10 will be able to communicate with your devices.. Read more about windows 11 microsoft and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Windows 11 Leak real?
According to a Microsoft article, the new operating system, Windows 11, is a big update to the operating system. The changes in Windows 11 include Cortana, a virtual assistant who can search the web for information, and direct access to your email and calendar. WIndows 11 also includes a new start menu, and the ability to snap apps and windows. As we all know, Windows 10 is the latest and greatest iteration of windows, that was released to the world in July, 2015. Windows 10 is the best Microsoft operating system yet, and it brings many new features and changes to the table. The biggest change in Windows 10 is the introduction of a new User Interface called “Windows UI” which has replaced the “classic” user interface “CUI”. New UI is available on all devices including the PC, Tablets, Laptops, Phones, HoloLens, Xbox and other devices.
Who will get Windows 11?
Microsoft announces that Windows 10 is the last version of Windows to be released as a full operating system. They call Windows 10 a milestone release that introduces a new way to build and deliver software that feels familiar and is stable, secure, and trustworthy. Windows 10 brings a new, modern design to the operating system that streamlines and enhances the Windows experience. This design makes it easier to use and provides a consistent experience across Windows devices with new features such as an all-new modern UI and Cortana, the personal digital assistant who helps you get things done. In the past, Microsoft has not been especially forthcoming about the complete list of features, specifications, or requirements Windows 11 will require to run. But it looks like they’ve finally settled on a list of specifications. As a result, PC makers are going to need to have specs that match Microsoft’s. However, it looks like there’s a bit of a discrepancy in the requirements: http://www.csoonline.com/article/319049/windows-11-specifications-may-not-match-microsofts-claims.html#.
Can I download Windows 11 now?
Are you looking for Windows 10 download? I know it can be confusing to choose the right version of Windows 10 for you. In April of this year, Microsoft announced that it will be launching Windows 10 to the general public on July 29th, 2015. Although Windows 10 is still in its early stages of development and will not be available for download until July 29th, there’s still a lot of questions. We’ve compiled all the details you need to know and will be updating the blog post shortly.
windows 11 system requirementswindows 11 release datewindows 11 isowindows 11 iso download and installwindows 11 microsoftis windows 11 real,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 11 system requirements,windows 11 release date,windows 11 iso,windows 11 iso download and install,windows 11 microsoft,is windows 11 real,windows 11 beta,how to install windows 11